In light of the recent shift — perhaps a better term would be plunge — in approval for President Barack Obama, I thought I might bring up a few questions that were forwarded to me by a friend in an e-mail, questions I found to be pertinent to what’s going on exactly right now with our oh-so-wonderful president, or at least, in my opinion, that’s what most of this country has become so gullible and weak as to actually believe.
I know I find it incredibly interesting how hated Bush became toward the end of his final term as president and how beloved Obama became so quickly as he slipped into the presidency, officially, this past January. All in the course of a few months and all over one word; a word he never fully defined; a word that won him the presidency: Change.
So feel free to read on and take a look at some of these questions and decide for yourself what you think:
1) What If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?
2) If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVD’s, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?
3) If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?
4) If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?
5) If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent “Austrian language,” would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?
6) If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you have approved?
7) If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to “Cinco de Cuatro” in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the Fifth of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?
8) If George W. Bush had misspelled the word “advice,” would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potato as “proof” of what a dunce he is?
9) If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on “Earth Day,” would you have concluded he’s a hypocrite?
10) If George W. Bush’s administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually “get” what happened on 9/11?
11) If George W. Bush had been the first president to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he is inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?
12) If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans, would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?
13) If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?
14) If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?
15) If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?
Now that that’s finished, if someone could please enlighten me on what it is about Obama that makes him so wonderful? And don’t worry, you have plenty of time to think on it. He’s accomplished all of the above in 10 weeks, so you’ll have a fat three years and nine-and-a-half months to get back with me.